Looking for a simple yet filling and flavourful summer salad recipe to try at home? Chef Jerry has you covered.
“A popular dish in my own home, this smoked salmon salad is just perfect for relaxed summer enjoyment and makes for a great match with a variety of wines, from Chardonnay and Sauvignon blanc to Cap Classique and rosé. Give it a try!” says Jerry.
Recipe: Smoked Salmon Salad with Pink Peppercorns
- 60g smoked salmon ribbons
- Segments of 1 orange
- 3g pink peppercorns
- 10g cottage cheese
- 2g fresh ginger
- 10g sugar
- 15g mixed micro greens
- 10ml fresh lime juice
- 5g salt
- Use your index finger and thumb to swirl the salmon ribbons to form a rustic twist.
- Dust the orange segments with a little sugar and use a blow torch to caramelise them.
- Grate the fresh ginger and toss together with the mixed micro greens.
- Crush the pink peppercorns and combine it with the cottage cheese. Combine the various parts into a salad and add salt to taste.
- Use the fresh lime juice and sugar and combine over a double boiler to create a delicious salad dressing.
- Allow to cool, then drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve with your choice of wine.